Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Patiently Waiting.

We are still patiently waiting for Beckham to get here. He is being very stubborn and will not come out. We went to the doctor yesterday and I am dilated to a 2 (the same as last week) and I'm 75% effaced (still). I asked about being induced because I dont know how much more of this I can take and the doctor shot that idea right down and told me that he cant until I am a week past my due date, and I have to be dilated and effaced more. I was completely discouraged. I'm trying to be patient and have a good attitude about it, but its very hard. Britt has been very good about trying to make things easy for me and to keep my mind off of Beckham not being here yet.
A couple of weeks ago we decided that we wanted to buy each other a gift before the baby got here, so we both got things that we have wanted. We got Britt a new TV to be in the family room so we could move the other one into our room. It is lovely. We both love the new TV. It has kept Britt busy hooking everything up and making sure we have the best picture possible.
Well for my pre-baby gift Britt bought me a cricut. I wasnt even sure what it was or what it did, but my friend Cass had one and she loves it so I wanted one too. Well it has been absolutely a blast to use for both Britt and I. He has been so sweet and got me everything I need. We finally used it for a project and cut some vinyl letters out and I havent stopped since. I've ran out of sayings I want around our apartment for now, but I'm sure I'll come up with some more here in a couple of days.
The longer it takes for Beckham to get here the more time I have to think about what I want to change in my apartment. I started with the bathroom and decided it I wanted it completely Tiffany & Co Themed. Britt has been so good about me changing things and wanting to redo things. He just goes right along with me.
I also have decided that I like to make decorations for my house. Right now I am loving all of the Valentines stuff. I look at all the different blogs to find new things to make. I have almost finished all of my projects I had today so I am looking for something new to start. Some of the things I have made this week are the Thank You cards for my baby shower, a Valentines wreath for our door, and some glittery hearts. I am out of ideas. I guess the next thing I could start is Beckham's birth announcements, but I think that will just jinx me and he will never come.
I hope that the next time I blog that it will be about having Beckham, but more than likely I'm not going to be that lucky.













3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Randilyn! How I remember that dreaded waiting!!! The first one is ALWAYS the hardest! I faced the same issues with my dr. on the first one. Since I didn't have anything to compare with, he wasn't sure if maybe the due date was off and I was 4 weeks behind what we thought. And I spent 3 weeks dilated to a 2. So, I know that doesn't give you much hope, but hang in there! The baby can't stay in FOREVER. :) And the 2nd baby - my doc started me a week early because he knew how the 1st went. Not that that will comfort you much now - but at least it's a thought!
Good luck! Just enjoy the nesting stage with all the extra energy it brings! You will need it after Beckham arrives!

Kayla said...

Oh my gosh! I love your crickit! and I love your valentines decorations!! I love you! Hang in there. Maybe IIII will go buy you castol oil :) He will be here before you know it! Be Happy and decorate! :)

Eric and Justine said...

Congratulations on having a baby!!

I love your wreath...how did you make it?