Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lady Dons Take 2nd!

This last week was the state tournament for Lyndsey. Wednesday we spend most of the day watching Lyn play ball. There first game of the day they played Tooele and got there butts kicked. They lost 8-0. The next game was against Springville and I thought for sure we would have lost because they had just got there butts kicked and the first inning Springville scored 4. We they pulled through it and ended up winning. The next game was against Bountiful and they ended up winning so they were on to the semi-finals on Thursday.
Thursday they played Lehi to move onto the championship game. They did awesome and pulled off the win. So they were going to the championship against Tooele. I was so nervous for them I thought we were just going to get our butts kicked. Well the first couple of innings Tooele scored 4 and I just knew that was the end. The ump was not make it easy for the girls at all. He kept calling a strike that was way outside and when our girls started swinging at it they would either miss it or they would barely hit it and get out on first. We'll in the by the end of the 5th inning it was 4-1. Well at the bottom of the 6th they girls came alive and score 4 runs. We were ahead. We were so excited. It was the most tense game I have ever sat through. Well then the 7th inning happened. Tooele got a bunch of calls in there favor that hurt us terribly. They ended up scoring 5 and it was 9-5. I was so upset. They made the worst call ever. They had 2 outs and a girl gets up to bat well she gets 2 strikes on her and she swings and misses it so strike 3 right, we'll Lyndsey dropped the ball and the girl headed towards the dugout. We'll the ump didnt call her out and someone said something and she took off to first. She was up the 3rd base line probably 5 feet and ran across and made it to first. I felt awful for Lyndsey. She was crying and it broke my heart and because I am the sister I was ready to kick so major butt. We'll our girls get up and we ended up scoring make the score 8-9. We needed one more fun. We'll Kailey hits a great hit to right field and the field dove and freaking caught it. Game over. We took 2nd.
I was so sad for the girls, but they did an amazing job this season and no one thought they were even going to make it to state. I am so proud of my sister and the rest of the girls on the team. They had such an amazing season and it was so fun to go to the games and watch them shock everyone. I love Lyndsey so much and I couldnt be more proud of her. I forgot how much I love going to her games. I didnt get to go last year because of work and I am so glad I have a job that I can go and support her. Its the best. Beckham was such a sport to go to the games and he was a perfect baby. He will definitely be a ball park baby.






















No comments: